Emergency Dentistry In Cibolo
Dental emergencies are painful and inconvenient, and they never happen on your schedule. At our office, we always have same-day appointments available for patients who need emergency dentistry in Cibolo. With years of experience in restorative dentistry and sedation available to help relieve your pain and discomfort, Dr. Patel offers expert treatment to get you back to optimal health. If you’re experiencing a dental emergency in Cibolo, call us now at (210) 797-7740.
What Is A Dental Emergency?
Some dental emergencies, such as a missing, cracked, or loose tooth, may be relatively obvious. However, oral injuries are not the only type of dental emergency. Any oral issue that is causing you pain and discomfort that you cannot treat on your own is considered an emergency situation. This includes:
- A severe, persistent toothache
- Damaged or missing dental work, including fillings and crowns
- An advanced case of gum disease
- Excessive bleeding
What Should I Do In A Dental Emergency?
- The first thing you should do is contact Cibolo Family Smiles for an emergency appointment.
- Next, recover your missing tooth or missing/damaged dental work, if applicable.
- A knocked-out tooth should be rinsed with warm water, and replaced in the socket or put into a small container of milk. Missing dental work can be put in a plastic bag.
- Treat bleeding by using clean cotton balls or sterile gauze. You can also take an over-the-counter pain medication like acetaminophen or naproxen to get relief from pain and inflammation. Ice packs can also be applied externally to help with swelling and pain.
- After you’ve treated your bleeding and pain, make sure to come to Cibolo Family Smiles as soon as you can. For the best results, you should get treatment within 1-2 hours of experiencing an oral injury or dental emergency.
Dental emergencies are extremely urgent. Some injuries, like a missing tooth, must be treated within 1-2 hours to save the tooth, and all dental emergencies should be treated as soon as possible to minimize your pain and discomfort, and protect your mouth from further damage. At Cibolo Family Smiles, we always have same-day appointments available for our patients. Just contact us to let us know that you’re coming in, or walk into our office and let us know about your emergency.